DepEd Food Alert

Pasig City (26 October) -- The Department of Education (DepEd) reported today that 400 pupils from Batarasa, Palawan were hospitalized after eating expired lollipops from Indonesia.

Assistant Secretary Thelma Santos clarified, however, that no child died in the incident as opposed to earlier reports, although 25 still remain in the hospital.

Reports indicated that the candy lollipops had lights on their handles, and that the battery for the lights had leaked into the candies.

"Our school nurse on-site is closely coordinating with the local government and hospital staff," Santos said.

She also reported that the vendor is already under custody. Health officials of DepEd are on alert and are monitoring foods sold by vendors in coordination with local health authorities and the Department of Health

----------------------------



0 Komento ng Ulirang Guro: