The Mathematics Trainers’ Guild (MTG), Philippines will carry out the 2012 MTG Qualifying Examination and International Math and Science Tournaments on July 21, 2012 at the selected MTG Training Centers which will be announced in the MTG website: www.mtgphil.org.
The determining examination aims to:
1. appraise the breadth of the students’ mathematical expertise and skills;
2. choose superior students in the field of Mathematics for more teaching and progression;
3. supply the Filipino youth with the acceptable avenue to improve their mathematical capabilities through periods of rigorous Mathematics training courses; and
4. produce the mathematical possibilities of the Mathematics promising students to meet the international Mathematics specifications.
The participants in the qualifying assessment are the Mathematics-inclined or Mathematics promising public and private elementary learners and high school students in all regions across the country.
Students who surpassed the examination will be qualified for join as trainees in the twelve (12)-Saturday Mathematical Challenge for Filipino Kids Training Program (MCFKTP) where they can have a chance to participate in in the different international correspondence mathematics contests as follows:
1. Mathematics Olympiad for Elementary and Middle Schools (MOEMS);
2. American Mathematics Competitions (AMC) - 8, 10, 12;
3. Canadian Open Mathematics Challenge (CMOC);
4. Canadian Mathematics Competitions (CMC) - Pascal, Caley and Fermat Contests;
5. Rio TINTO Big Science Competition; and
6. International Competition and Assessment for Schools (ICAS) - Mathematics, Science and English.
For more info, interested educators, scholars and pupils may contact:
Mr. Roberto Degolacion
Mobile Phone No.: 0917-3246-302
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org