Saturday, March 7, 2009

Kids Need to be Taught in a Way they will Learn

Sometimes an honest opinion to a teacher is the best way to change her way and methods of teaching..In our country mostly places that teachers are not using ESl instead they used their own dialects to make the kids understand...but it was wrong.. Kids need to be taught in a way that he/she will learn..Educators/mentors/teachers must be an inspirations..

I am a teacher in Philippines but now im an OFW (still my heart longs to teach in Philippines). I love to teach..i love kids and my goal?that my students will have their own career and successful. I am from davao city but thought in manila...until now i was able to keep in touch with them..some were in toronto, california and new york..others were in dubai, new zealand and australia.. I taught in a private school and I was not required to submit my board exam.. They just looked at my credentials and was given the opportunity to teach...

You can see into the eyes of the kids the thirst of knowledge.. game consoles were not a problem before.. kids have that addictions in playing games.. it was the teachers job how to motivate the kids.. inspired them and believe me there's no such word as BOBO.. God created each one of us with talents.. EACH ONE OF US.. so kids maybe slow in learning but you will be proud of yourself if you can see the difference in them after they finished the whole year..i experienced teaching 3rd section of First year..27 boys and 4 girls...other would comment that they were a pain in the ass..then i asked myself...if i can make a change... then i said... that's a mentor challenge.. for the first 3 months..books were flying during Computer class, PE, science and Social studies... esp when the teacher in charge turn their back (2000) but during my class English and values education...they were behaved..I am a bad teacher?nope.. i use the other methods in teaching... i let them participate..keep them busy and stayed at the back of the class... and after one report is a quiz.. then i suggest it to some teachers and it works...and now?believe me...they were professionals...

For me being a teacher is not a job..its a commitment and you need to give your best shots into it...you need to sit down with those who encountered problems..never turn your back..and never be 100% confident in your judgment.. hear them out..and we don't have to point fingers to other teachers that they were not doing great..share ideas with them and let them feel that they will be fine in the field they choose...

and educators must never stop reading and learning..I learned from my students too...patience and prayers are 2 of the best tools i used..


BE AN INSPIRATION

BE A FRIEND but not to cheat his/her grades but for her/him to be more inspired in doing well in school...

when the kids are in school...YOU ARE IN-CHARGE OF THEIR WELL BEING.. so Be the BEST...Godspeed...

Ananimous
----------------------------




Add to Google

No comments:

Featured Post

Retired Teachers Itinerary to Cebu

Day 1  Airport pick up CCLEX Longest Bridge in the Phils Sto Nino Church and Magellan Cross Parian Shrine and San Diego House Cas...

Popular topics