DepEd Order No 48 S 2012
The DepED with partner agencies, the DND, member of the National disaster Risk reduction Management Council, all public and private schools and DepEd offices and attached agencies are enjoined to undertake the Quarterly conduct of the National School Based Earthquake and Fire Drills.
The activity aims to generate the highest level of awareness among the public on disaster Risk Reduction/Climate Change Adaptations concerns and to assess the capacity level of the school and the community in the eventuality of disasters and emergencies.
Reposted with the help of sports psychology website.
All public and private schools are enjoined to be already with the following requirements for the conduct of the said activity:
- School site development plan
- School disaster management committee
- Identification of high risk areas inside the school
- Emergency preparedness evaluation and contingency plan and
- communication and coordination plan with the LGus and Local DRRMOs
for guidelines on how to conduct the an Earthquake Drill in schools